Monday, February 15, 2010

Stands Forever

I have been blessed with some really amazing friends and family. I need to keep saying that and reminding myself of how truly blessed I am. It's amazing how Jesus hears us, and answers in His own way...and speaks to us through those in our lives. God just manifests himself through our friends and family, or even people we don't even know! He leads us to foster the relationships thats He knows we need at the very moment that we do. God has been telling me that I need to steward my time better. I have been working o that for awhile but it was in terms of what I'm doing with and for myself. Now I feel I need to build on some relationships that He has blessed me with.

The Lord lately has been moving in various situations...and I am able to see that the only reason that He can is because I recognize I have NO idea what to say, I have NO idea how to help..and surrender any power I may have had. I hope to spread that kind of submission to more areas of my life.It is a relief knowing that Jesus takes the burdens..

Something else the Lord has been showing me is what we gain through loss. Whether it be losing a loved one through dying or it is losing a friend because that season of friendship is over....even though the hurt remains and sometimes it feels unlike anything every described or felt before.... we gain, too. That focus and dependence, no matter how large or how small, that was focused on that person and that relationship HAS to go to Jesus, because it can't go anywhere else-we're too weak to search for something else...we're tired and depleted and look to the closest thing around us-and that's where Jesus is waiting for us. That only deepens our dependence on Him and makes us a little less blind to the amazing Love He has in store for us..

I want to learn to praise God for the loss...and for the gain of Him. I want to be better at that.



"All men are like grass,

and all their glory is like the flowers of the field.

7 The grass withers and the flowers fall,

because the breath of the LORD blows on them.

Surely the people are grass.

8 The grass withers and the flowers fall,

but the word of our God stands forever"

-Isaiah 40:6-8

0 comments: