Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Inside Out

God really moves in and through me with music. It's always been that special "Heavenly Father-daughter connection" we have, and it has never left me hanging. I can lay out my spiritual journey through specific songs/albums/artists, and just when i think I have exhausted Christian music resources....something random comes out of the woodwork-either from a friend, a website, radio or a completely random source. And worship music has a way of moving my heart like nothing else.

Anyways, enough of the rambling. I wanted to share a baby revelation on this one song that has been on my heart for awhile. I have had the cd for awhile, but recently checked out this song after hearing a lot about it from other blogger friends. It's called "From the Inside Out" by Hillsong and basically it speaks about God changing us and consuming us from the inside out. And lately, this theme has been popping up everywhere. I have always struggled with putting up a certain "image" we feel like we should, just because of the enviornment or the people we're with or whatever. And there's few things I dislike more than people (including myself) being disingenuous or fake. So I have wondered about the balance. When you're feeling like a complete mess...where is the balance of being real and yet not being an attention-seeker-mopey, a drag and pulling other people down with you. SO- this song kind of gave me a small dose of revelation into that topic. If God consumes you from the outside in, your outward behavior may change a little, but really its more about how things appear from the outside. No one really gets to see your soul in full. For the most part, it's really a God thing. Perhaps a secret place for you and God to build an amazing relationship, untainted by what other people may think or say, and regardless of what it looks like. It's really the ONLY place in the whole world where we can go and NOT have to worry about looking good or putting things in a nice wrapped package or saying the right thing! The inside of us is where we find God and how intricately He has knit us and how desperately He wants to be with us.

Being changed from the inside out is less glamorous, less affirming and less pretty.
BUT
it is MORE real, more raw, more life-impacting, more intimate, more sincere, more loving and more powerful...because it's us...without all the extra junk we pull into everything.

SO cool. Check out the song here.

PS: Barlowgirl's new CD, "Love & War" is my next step forward in spiritual journey. These girls (sisters in fact) share my heart and passions and struggles...and I love the way God works through and in them.

Praise and honor to the One who knows all, loves all and saves all.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I didn't know you have a blog!

It is, of course, super cute just like you are. I love this post, I have felt that way about music too over the years --at certain times in spiritual journey, only certain music will do.

I recently downloaded BG's new album -- I LOVE beautiful ending!

Maybe we can chat sometime, I'd love to catch up.I have a blog too, it's
http://fumblingtowardgrace.wordpress.com
<3 Sarah