Sunday, October 11, 2009

It can be so refreshing to spend time with kids and students. Over the past month or so, I have really had a great opportunity to spend time with some really special people. I have been able to get to know them better and I have discovered some great blessings. I am grateful for teens and kids who help me remember who I am and who God made me to be.

For example, I stayed with some of my the coolest high schoolers I know Casey and Kelly for a few days, and spent two of the days dressing like each of them. And they said it made them happy-but really it made me happier, I'm sure of it. Here's me as Casey:And here is me as Kelly:


I have also realized I need to spend more time in these peaceful situations with such loving people. I mean, come on, spending a morning dressing up like princesses? What could be better. Meet my beautiful girlfriends Lily and Julia:

And my small group (the girls are in HIGH SCHOOL now...I can't believe it!) has started and has also been great. The girls in it are so phenomenal it is an honor to be with them and to be a small part of their lives. Here's us last spring:
And finally, to sum up my point about child-like faith and peace of the soul, if watching this video below doesn't make you smile even a bit...I give up.

Remember when learning the ABC'S was the biggest deal in the world? ::sigh:: :)


0 comments: