Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Walk

This weekend has been full of fun for me because it was packed with music.
I saw two concerts this weekend and while they were very different...they also had lots of things in common.
FIRST! I was able to volunteer with Worldvision (they're a phenomenal organization that helps people sponsor children from tons of countries) for a Tye Tribbet/Israel Houghton Concert at 1st Mariner. Now, I have been apart of a ton of worship shows but this concert was by far the most energetic passionate one of all time. So much worship and dancing and love for Jesus. Check it out:


BUT what was even more awesome was the presence of God in this place. I arrived feeling grumpy and tired of rain and irritated, and as soon as I entered into the pavilion the worshipper (but I don't know his name) was praying about an issue I'm struggling with right now. And he was so convicted and annointed that it was so moving for me. It stirred my soul and gave me so much confidence in God's faithfulness. And if that wasn't enough to grab my attention, I met another guy who has an amazing testimony of God working in his life...and while he was sharing it with me he started praying over me and speaking DIRECT words about my life. And we're talking very specific details that God clearly showed him because I had never met this man before in my life. And he was just encouraging me about what God is going to do in my life, and the anointing he's placed on my life. I share this not to be boastful or weird, but as a clear depiction of the incredible love God has for us, and how He is NOT going to leave us alone. I don't know how many people read this blog, but I am 100% sure God wants you to hear that message. And when we feel that loneliness, he shows up in crazy unexpected ways. God WILL get our attention, and He will keep trying until he gets it. So be encouraged!

The second concert I went to was my 13th time seeing Hanson, and those concerts stir my heart in a completely different way. It leads me to appreciate the gift of music, and I know those talented guys are using it in such an amazing way. They have a heart for service and for music, and they believe in doing what you can and using what you have to make a difference. They have hosted "walks" to raise awareness and support five causes facing challenges in Africa. I have enver been able to participate, but this year I did!

And it was a good thing. One of the ways they got started in their activism is by pairing up with toms shoes to give shoes to kids who don't have them. So during their 1 mile walks, they encourage participants to walk barefoot in solidarity and to raise awareness. It was a good experience for my soul.

So here we are, taking the walk :



Their concerts bring me a lot of joy and remind me that I am still the lil teenybopper who first started really enjoying Hanson 12 years ago. But seriously, they are some talented young adults who are focused, passionate, wholesome and altogether really caring individuals. And getting involved with their worthwhile causes has moved tons of young adults from apathy to action. It's good stuff, and at the end of the day, leads me closer to God's purposes for my life.

It's been a blessed weekend, that's for sure. Full of strangers and old friends that ocne again remind me that I am loved .

1 comments:

Brooke said...

It's amazing how all of a sudden God can send ways to get your attention and show you he's there
Brooke