Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fall

This is my first fall being able to drive around and enjoy the scenery. Sometimes you have to pull over and admire for a few minutes, when you see sights such as this:
It's been a blessing to be driving. I'm trying to better use this blessing to serve others. For so many years, many people blessed me by driving me various places. I want to pour out myself in those kinds of ways. We've been talking at Nativity about being a better steward of our money, but I have been reflecting a lot on how to be a better steward of my time as well. I find that challenge harder for me.

I am also blessed by my specific kind of vehicle. I get the opportunity to talk to so many people because of the attention my car draws. I want to keep myself open for the way God can (and has) use(d) that.

Speaking of my pink vehicle, I went into Starbucks today and one of the various "regulars" greeted me. (Does that make me a regular? :) ) I don't know much about him, but he is always very friendly and asks about my day. He is a little difficult to understand, because he has a very thick accent, but today this is what he said to me,
"This is what I think. You know how you have an apple, and you take a knife, and cut it in half? Then you have two halves. Well, you are one half of the apple, and your car is the other half."

I'm not totally sure, but I think that means my car and I go well together as a pair.


PS!!!!!
Starbucks has their Christmas cups out! I'm excited!





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are looking so beautiful -- and your car is too cute!! I'd love to get a car in a fun color, but alas, I have a husband who likes boring colors like gold and blue. :)

I really do love your blog, and I hope you're doing well. You seem to be enjoying your job, which is so important!

God Bless! <3 Sarah