Monday, July 19, 2010

God's enough

God is teaching me a lot about patience. To wait on His timing, not mine, is so unsettling sometimes because somehow I think that I know better and I'm slacking off when really the Lord is prepping me for what lies ahead..even minute to minute. So when the slacking off happens, I'm only hurting myself because then when things come my way I feel slammed. God's still there, of course, but it feels different, as if I ran away from Him a bit.

Psalm 73 is still really speaking to my heart this week. It comes up every now and again and I just find myself in the same kind of rut...looking at others wondering why they seem to have it better and why things I'm going through things and why certain things don't seem to be getting better. But in the end God is enough. The world really has nothing we need. It's a very freeing truth.

I'm also learning that more about God's love. Each time I get a glimpse of how truly incredible His love is, and my capacity to love grows. The fact that God not only just loves us while we deal with stuff-good or bad- but He loves us THROUGH stuff. We don't have to worry about God being offended or feeling left out or taking something the wrong way or anything...because it's unconditional love. When we're angry at God or confused or hurt or sad or broken or whatever...God just loves us THROUGH each and every step of the way. That is very different...verrryyy different from the way I love people. I need to work on that.

Tangled up
In the great ridiculous
Way you love
it is the only way to live
There’s no escape
When you look at me that way
-"my only"

0 comments: